Event code: 77079
This course is jointly organised by BCA Academy and the Joint Accreditation Committee (JAC) of Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES) and Association of Consulting Engineers Singapore (ACES) which accredits Qualified Site Supervisors such as Resident Engineers (RE) and Resident Technical Officers (RTO). This course is aimed at educating newly accredited site supervisors on Singapore’s legal framework for building construction and building control regulation requirements.
• Legal framework for building construction Building Control Act and Regulations
• Regulatory requirements
- Building & structural plans approval
- Permit to carry out building works
- Occupation of building TOP & CSC
• BCA advisory notes on:
- Permit and plan approvals
- Concrete works
- Structural steel works
- Geotechnical works
- Construction tests
• Control & monitoring measures to safeguard adjacent building properties in relation to
- Demolition works
- Piling works
- Excavation works
• Specific requirements for high rise buildings
• Workplace Safety and Health Act (WSHA)
- Personal liabilities and penalties
- Types of violations
- Generic Site Safety Compliance
- Case studies
This course will be conducted by experienced officers from the Building Engineering Group of Building and Construction Authority and the Technology & Engineering (Construction) Branch of the Occupational Safety and Health Inspectorate, Ministry of Manpower.
This course is mainly targeted at site supervisors such as:
• Resident Technical Officers
• Resident Engineers
Following personnel are also welcome to attend the course:
• Site Engineers
• Construction / Project Managers
• Builders’ supervisory personnel
• WSH personnel
ASSESSMENT & AWARD
Participants who have attended the course and passed the test will be issued with a Certificate of Successful Completion.
PEB : 3 PDUs
WSH-CPD (WSH Officers): 4 SDUs
57th Run: 4 Dec 2019
Duration: 4.5hrs including 30min test
Time: 8.30am to 1.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST): S$150.00
Refreshment will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
Employment and Employability Institute (e2i) Funding Information
Funding from Employment and Employability Institute (e2i) is available. The Nett Grant Amount is S$63.08. To be eligible, you must (i) Be a Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident; (ii) Meet the Attendance Requirement; and (iii) Pass the Course. Course fee of S$150 must be paid in full first. The funding grant amount shall be refunded to the successful applicants after successful completion of the course. To apply, please complete the grant application form available from the Online Storefront. Funding is subject to terms and conditions of e2i and BCA Academy.
Click HERE to download brochure
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 16) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 17) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.