Built environment stakeholders can now simulate construction processes and immerse themselves in a 3D walkthrough at Centre for Lean and Virtual Construction - the first-of-its-kind experiential facility located at the BCA Academy.
The Centre will equip built environment professionals with process change skills based on Lean Construction and virtual construction concepts. It will also facilitate VDC processes via BIM to encourage project teams to build digitally before actual construction. Such “full-dress rehearsals” conducted in a virtual environment can enhance collaboration and integration during the project delivery process, which can improve construction productivity by up to 20%.
The Centre houses various experiential zones that will show how BIM, VDC and lean principles can strengthen project performance and productivity. The various experiential zones within the Centre provide unique focus areas and opportunities for an immersive experience.
Zone 1: Dynamic Exhibition
• Objectives, capability and setup of the Centre
Zone 2: Virtual Design and Construction (VDC)
• VDC, BIG Room concept, scenario-based training
• Live demonstration by Surbana Jurong and Straits Construction
Zone 3: Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR)
• Hands-on experience of AR/VR tools
• Live demonstration by Shimizu Corporation
Zone 4: Integrated Concurrent Engineering (ICE)
• Concept of ICE
• Live demonstration by RSP Architects Planners & Engineers
Zone 5: BIM Connect
• Live experience of immersive virtual reality on big screen with 3D
• Live demonstration by DCA Architects
Zone 6: Lean Construction
• Importance and benefits of Lean Construction
Zone 7: BIM Onsite
• Simulated on-site setting for “BIM to Field” and “Field to BIM”
• Case examples in Singapore
• Live demonstration by Hydronav-Trimble"
To find out or to book the facility, please email to: email@example.com