Event code: 77034
Accredited by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
bizSAFE is a five-level programme devised by the WSH Council (WSHC) to assist companies build up their WSH capabilities in order to achieve quantum improvements in safety and health standards at their workplaces. Companies are guided through a journey, starting from top management demonstrating their commitment towards WSH, to acquiring risk management capabilities and implementing a WSH Management System. In the process, participating Companies gain recognition and benefits of having a comprehensive WSH system in place.
In the bizSAFE learning journey, this Level 4 course is meant for individuals who are appointed as WSH Management System Programme Lead and responsible for implementing WSH Management System in accordance with the requirements of Singapore Standard on Occupational Safety and Health Management System SS 506.
This course has been accredited by the SSG.
1. Review WSH policy and risk management plan for deficiencies against the requirements of SS 506 and risk management code of practice
2. Apply hazard identification and risk assessment methodology
3. Set WSH objectives and determine specific programme(s) to achieve the objectives
4. Establish WSH management programme framework for organisation
5. Establish a framework for organisational emergency preparedness and response plan
6. Develop operational control to manage the WSH risks
7. Develop performance measurement and monitoring procedure to monitor and measure WSH performance
8. Develop processes for investigation and reporting of accident/incident
9. Establish an internal audit programme to evaluate the organisational WSH management system
10. Develop the WSH management system implementation plan
11. Conduct management review of WSH management system
12. Present to stakeholders the developed WSH management system implementation plan for review
Participants are advised to bring along the following documents while attending the course:
• Company’s WSH Policy
• Company’s Risk Management Plan
• Company’s Risk Assessment
ASSUMED ATTITUDES, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Participants are assumed to:
• have an in depth knowledge of their organisational products /services
• have an in depth knowledge of their organisational safety management system
• have an in depth understanding of their organisational safety and health needs
• have an in depth knowledge on sources of workplace hazards
• have an in depth skills and knowledge in hazard identification, risk assessment and risk management as well as the hierarchy of risk control measures
• be self-directed and proactive towards problem-solving of safety issues
• be able to lead, communicate and with good presentation skills
• have an analytical mind with people management skills
Managers, WSH personnel or line supervisors who are responsible for implementing a WSH Management System in a company which is aiming to achieve bizSAFE 4 certification.
Successful candidates will be awarded a e-Certificate* in “Develop a Workplace Safety and Health Management System Implementation Plan (bizSAFE Level 4)”
* Hardcopy certificate will no longer be printed, instead e-Certificates will be generated under the SSG e-Cert system. Participants can request for a copy of the SOA which will be printed free of charge for the 1st printing, but subsequent printing will be chargeable at a fee.
13th Run: 8, 9, 15 & 16 Apr 2019
Duration: 4 days (28 hours)
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST):
S$740.00 (without Subsidy)
S$394.20 (with SDF Subsidy*)
S$117.57 (Enhance Funding for SME*)
S$117.57 (with Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy for self-sponsored applicant#)
Refreshments will be provided.
*Skills Development Fund (SDF) is available for this course. Prior to the registration, company is required to enrol their staff (Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident) through SSG’s SkillsConnect system at www.skillsconnect.gov.sg. Eligible applicants pay the remaining fee (after deducting SDF Funding) and GST.
# Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
- Eligible for Singaporean aged 40 and above only
- Individual applicant shall submit completed application form, last 3 month’s pay slips, and payment together with NRIC for verification at
- Applicant will be required to sign a declaration for the subsidy
Note: Course applicants may be eligible to receive course fee funding from government agencies subject to terms and conditions. If the applicant fails to fulfil the terms and conditions of the funding such that BCA Academy (BCAA) is unable to claim the funded portion of the course fee from the funding agency, the participant will be required to pay BCAA the funded portion of course fee that is no longer claimable by BCAA.
WSH-CPD (WSH Officers): Pending
PEB (PEs): Pending
IES-ACES (REs/RTOs): Pending (Safety)
Download brochure & application form
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg