Event code: 76054
The Civil Defence (CD) Shelter Design Workshop 2018 is designed to provide industry practitioners with insights into good staircase storey shelter design practices in compliance with the latest “Technical Requirements for Storey Shelters 2015”. Flexibility in shelter design, including waiver approval cases such as voids located within shelter setback distance will also be discussed.
The workshop aims to equip participants with the knowledge to:
- understand the important architectural and structural design considerations for staircase storey shelters;
- plan and design staircase storey shelters in compliance with technical requirements for storey shelters; and
- supervise the construction and commissioning inspection of staircase storey shelters.
Staircase Storey Shelter Design Requirements
- Architectural and structural requirements for shelter protection
- Shelter carcass, shelter space allocation and continuity of shelter tower to the foundation
- Design and construction of volumetric precast staircase storey shelters
- Structural requirements of staircase storey shelters
Staircase Storey Shelter Design Case Studies
- Good design practice of staircase storey shelters with illustration
Storey Shelter Construction and Commissioning
- Good construction practices with illustrations to avoid common non-compliances observed during shelter site inspection and shelter commissioning inspection
Er. Neo Seng Hai, Senior Principal Engineer, Civil Defence Shelter Engineering, Special Functions Group, BCA
Er. Neo performs regulatory control and provides consultancy services in the design, construction and commissioning of CD shelters. He also works closely with SCDF in the evaluation of storey shelter waiver applications, regular review of and revision to technical requirements for storey shelters.
Participant who achieved at least 75% attendance will be awarded Certificate of Attendance (COA)
• Structural Engineers
• Shelter Designers
• Site Supervisors
6th Run : To be adviced
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$350.00
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
IES- ACES (REs/RTOs): Pending
Visit our Online StoreFront (OSF) @
(Course code: 76054)
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.