Event code: 77070
This 3.5 days course will provide participants an understanding of the measurement and verification for water cooled chilled water plant system complying with Green Mark requirements, relevant guidelines and standards. Participants will learn the measurement and calibration requirements for chiller plants including instrumentation, measurement standards, uncertainty and traceability. Fundamentals of heat balance, common pitfalls and good practices will also be covered.
• Overview of Measurement and Verification (M&V)
- Green Mark’s requirements on Chiller Plant Performance M&V
• M&V Guidelines and Standards
• Chiller Plant M&V
- Impacts of Measurement Accuracy
- Instruments - Temperature, Flow and Power Measurements
- Data Analysis and Representation
- M&V Case Studies
• Measurement and Calibration Standards
- Measurement Standards, Uncertainty and Traceability
- Temperature Measurement
- Flow and Pressure Measurement
- Power Measurement
- Reading Calibration Report
• Fundamentals of Heat Balance
- Sources of Heat Inputs and Outputs
- Common Types of Chiller Plant Configuration
- Heat Balancing Substantiating Test
• Practice Session
• Site Visit
• MR LEE ENG LOCK is the Vice Chairman of Measurement and Verification Pte Ltd. He has extensive experience in conducting energy audits, retrofitting, designing and building energy efficient buildings and mechanical systems. Mr Lee is also the pioneer in accurate measurement and monitoring for mechanical plants.
• MR STEVEN KANG is the Business Development Director for Measurement & Verification Pte Ltd. Previously, he was the Business Development Director at Johnson Controls Inc where he spearheaded several energy solution initiatives.
• DR CHUA SZE WEY is the Deputy Director, Head of Electromagnetic Metrology Department at the National Metrology Centre (NMC) of A*STAR. Apart from overseeing the laboratory’s operation, he is also involved in the development, maintenance and dissemination of electromagnetic measurement standards.
• MR VICTOR TAN has vast experience in develop metrology facilities including primary temperature and humidity measurement standards, and has been conducting courses on basic metrology, temperature and humidity measurements for more than 20 years. He was previously Principal Metrologist from National Metrology Centre (NMC) and was the Chair of the SAC-SINGLAS technical committee from 2000 to 2016. He retired in August 2017 and is currently a freelance consultant
• DR LUO RONGMO is the Scientist at the Mechanical Cluster 2 of National Metrology Centre, A*STAR. He specializes in the liquid and gas fluid flow standards for calibration and liquid flow measurement for chilled plant. He is involved in the R&D on natural gas pipeline leakage detection, bunker fuel metering, multiphase flow measurement, and computational fluid dynamics.
• ER. YONG SIEW HWA is the Principal Manager with BCA in the Green Mark Department for Existing Buildings. Er. Yong is involved in the introduction of regulatory measures to improve the environmental sustainability standards of existing buildings.
• Engineers and building professionals intending to seek accreditation as Certified Green Mark Professional (GMP) or Green Mark Facilities Professional (GMFP) under BCA Green Mark Specialist Certification Scheme.(For more information regarding the GMP & GMFP certification scheme, please log on to www.bca.gov.sg/GreenMark/gm_manager.html)
• It is also relevant to Engineers, Project Managers, Energy Managers and Facility Managers working for Developers, Building Owners, M&E consultancy firms, ACMV contractor firms, ESCOs and other stakeholders involved in Green Mark projects who wish to know how to improve the reporting of chiller plant efficiency.
To fully benefit from this course, it is recommended that candidates have prior knowledge of air-conditioning design and/or operations.
ASSESSMENT AND AWARD
This course is assessment-based.
A Certificate of Successful Completion (CSC) will be issued to participants who:
i. Achieve at least 75% class
ii. Pass all the assessment(s)
19th Run : TBC
(Assessment on the last day)
Duration: 3.5 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
9.00am to 12.00pm (Assessment)
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$1,600
Lunches and refreshments will be provided.
PEB - Pending
Click HERE to download the brochure
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 16) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 17) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.