Event code: 78077
In the construction industry, it is known that application for extension of time and claims for prolongation cost can be a contentious issue in the industry. Though standard conditions of contract like SIA and PSSCOC have provisions for extension of time, there are issues pertaining to the proper procedures for application of EOT, claims for loss and expenses or prolongation cost and documentation for evidence of delays and justifications that need to be addressed.
This course is designed and structured to provide insights and depth into the factors that will affect the success of EOT application and the recovery of prolongation cost.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
• Understand the basic principle and concepts of Extension of time
• Interpret the Guidelines in preparing EOT application and the procedural mechanism
used in standard forms of construction contracts
• Understand prolongation cost and their rights to claims for EOT
• Apply potential defences against time bars and ascertain quantum for EOT
• Basic principle and concepts
• Procedural mechanism in commonly used standards from of construction contracts
• Guidelines in preparing EOT application
• Introduction to prolongation cost and review of EOT clause
• Preserving their rights to claims for EOT and potential defences against time bars
• Nature of excusable and non-excusable delays
• Ascertaining quantum for EOT
• Contractual issues with concurrent delays
• Report writing for application of EOT
MR DERICK CHOW holds a Bachelor of Science (Building) (Hons) and a Master in Business Administration degrees from the National University of Singapore. Derick has more than 15 years of experience in contract administration for large scale commercial and residential projects from inception to hand-over. He has administered and managed a wide variety of contracts that include overseas procurement contracts for M&E equipment, D&B contracts and PPP contract.
Derick has worked extensively on claims preparation including extension of time, loss and/or expense and variations. In addition, he has experience in the preparation and documentation for adjudication and third party mediation.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
• Contract Administrator
• Project Manager
11th Run: To be confirmed
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST): S$550.00
Refreshments will be provided
To register, please log into our Online StoreFront (OSF) at
and search for course code 78077
Download brochure here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.