Event code: 77065
Managing people, in general, can be frustrating and demanding on one’s time and can result in increased stress levels, especially when we are so consumed in our daily work processes. Very often, project managers, site supervisors, facility managers and building executives are hassled by their site agents, subcontractors, material suppliers and building tenants over all kinds of issues and problems relating to inadequate site facilities, slow work progress, poor building maintenance, high rental fees, etc. Normally, people who lack effective management and interpersonal skills would only exacerbate such situations. Furthermore, the stress of handling difficult people and challenging situations can result in low productivity, low morale and high absenteeism within the team or an organisation.
The 2-day experiential workshop aims to teach participants practical solutions to effectively manage people by considering (1) what makes people difficult (2) how we could communicate effectively and manage people’s expectations, and (3) strategies for dealing with difficult people and situations.
Through interactive activities, role play and case studies participants learn how to apply the provided tools coupled with their interpersonal skills to deal with all types of work behaviour problems. Towards the end of the workshop, you should be able to develop a personal action plan that helps you manage your team more effectively.
• Introduction & orientation
• Self-awareness and behavioural styles of people
• What makes people difficult
• Understanding the needs of others
• Resolving conflict assertively
• Communication with power
• Strategies for dealing with difficult people and situations
• Guidelines for dealing with difficult situations
• Putting it all together: Preparing for peak performance
• Developing a personal action plan for success and the performance on site
MS SHERENA MISTRI-YIANNOUKA is the Founder and Country Manager of Dynargie Singapore which provides training and consulting businesses. Ms Sherena is an accredited trainer in the area of management and leadership training, interpersonal communication skills, general oral & written communication skills, presentation skills, personal effectiveness & team building. Her corporate clients include Ascendas, Keppel Land, and government bodies such as Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Education, Monetary Authority of Singapore and Housing Development Board. Ms Sherena also taught People Management in BCA Academy’s BMSMA for Building Management Personnel course.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
Project managers, site supervisors, building owners, facilities managers, facilities executives and construction professionals who are keen to learn about people management skills.
PEB: 12 PDUs
BOA-SIA: 4 CPD Points
20th Run: 2 & 3 Dec 2019 (Cancelled)
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$970.00
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
Click HERE to download brochure
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 16) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 17) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.