Event code: 80056
In 2005, the Singapore government embarked on the green building movement and launched the BCA Green Mark scheme as a benchmark for evaluating environmental sustainability in buildings. The scheme has since become a leading green building rating system in the tropics and sub-tropics.
Against the backdrop of climate change and global warming, green building design, sustainable operations and maintenance are gaining more importance than ever to be key opportunities to cope with impact of climate change and reduce environmental impact of urban living.
In order to advance Singapore’s sustainability agenda, there is a critical need to develop a pool of competent green building specialists to design, develop, manage and maintain green buildings. Certification courses on Green Mark are offered to stakeholders of the built environment sector at both entry and advanced levels to acquire knowledge and specialisation, which enable them to steer their organisations towards greater competitiveness in local and international markets.
The Green Mark Advanced Accredited Professional (GM AAP) course aims to equip industry practitioners who are involved in new developments with the knowledge and skills to carry out detailed design and enhancement of building performance for higher Green Mark certification and implementation, with emphasis on super low energy buildings.
1 Foundation Module^ (Compulsory)
• Certificate Course for Green Mark Accredited Professional (GM AP)
^Assessment-based module. Assessment comprises an MCQ test and a group project conducted 2 weeks later.
5 Core Modules# (Compulsory)
• Design, Optimisation & Measurement of High Efficiency Central Air-conditioning System
• Building Performance Simulation
• CFD Modelling for Natural Ventilated Buildings
• Efficient Building Envelope Design, ETTV & RETV
• Strategies for Passive Design & Maintainability
#Assessment-based module. Format of assessment includes in-class assignment, in-class hands-on assignment and/or MCQ test.
4 Days of Elective Modules* (Complete at least 4 days)
• Building Automation Concepts, Technologies & Practices for Green Buildings
• Green Architecture & Integrated Design Process
• Sustainable Hot Water & Heat Recovery Systems
• Energy Efficiency for Electrical System
• Solar Architecture
• Sustainable Lighting Design & Technology
• Solar Modelling
Next intake: 12 Mar - 13 Nov 2020
Duration: 22.5 days
Package Fee** (inclusive of GST)
**Professionals who have successfully completed the foundation module (or the Certification Course for Green Mark Manager) can also sign up for the GM AAP package course. The course fee of the foundation module shall be deducted from the package fee.
• Professionals who commit the package fee rate are required to complete the foundation, core and elective modules within 2 years from the commencement of any module.
• Professionals are also welcomed to sign up for the individual modules under the GM AAP. Course fee of the respective module shall apply.
Click HERE to download the brochure for more information.
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) to register:
Note to applicants:
Please download page 8 of the brochure from the above link, and select by ticking against the preferred modules accordingly. Do be reminded to also sign against the courses, and upload the form/schedule in OSF at the point of registration.
If you are a GMM certificate holder, please upload a copy of the certificate for exemption from the Foundation modules.
If you need assistance, please call our Customer Service Hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays) or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 16) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 17) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.