Event code 79081
Gas pipelines play an integral support role in the transmission of power. Similarly, electricity cables serve as an important link in supplying reliable transmission and quality power to consumers. Hence, adhering to good practices in cable and gas pipe damage prevention during earthwork, is critical to prevention of disruption to power supply, potential financial loss and delay in project delivery.
The Registered Earthworks Supervisor course aims to provide an overview of the relevant earthworks legislation and code of practice relating to construction earthworks carried out in the vicinity of the electricity cables/ gas pipes. Participants will learn about the key requirements of the relevant legislation, control measures and good practices to prevent damage to the underground cables, gas pipes and services. Case studies will also be discussed.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the statutory requirements and legislation for earthworks of electricity cables under the Electricity Act (Cap 89A), Gas Act (Cap 116A) and Singapore Standard SS 576:2012 – Earthworks in the vicinity of Electricity Cables
• Plan, prepare and manage earthwork activities safely to prevent damage to electricity cables
• Supervise all earthworks and to communicate effectively with site personnel in the course of earthwork activities
• Overview of Electricity Act (Cap 89A) & Gas Act (Cap 116A)
• Introduction to underground electricity cables, gas pipes and services
• Safe Work Procedures on cable/ gas pipe damage prevention
• SP PowerGrid’s requirements for earthworks
• Registered Earthworks Supervisor Requirements in SS576:2012
• Supervisory skills in the prevention of damage to electricity cables/ gas pipes
• Case study
A Certificate of Successful Completion (CSC) for the course will be issued to participants who:
• Achieve at least 75% class attendance; and
• Pass the assessment.
A Statement of Attendance will be issued to participants who meet the attendance requirement but fail to pass, or did not attempt the assessment. Participant is allowed for 1 re-sit after failing first attempt. Participant has to re-take the full course if he/she fails the re-sit.
This course is targeted at any person whose trade or occupation requires or includes the supervision of earthworks.
Applicants must have the proficiency in English Language to read and write.
24th Run: 26 & 27 Mar 2018 (Additional Day class)
21st Run: 26, 28 Mar, 2 & 4 Apr 2018 (Evening class)
Duration: 2 days or 4 evenings
Day class: 8.30am to 5.15pm
Evening class: 6.30pm to 9.30 pm (1st 3 evenings)
5.30pm to 10.00pm (Last evening, include assessment)
Venue: BCA Academy, 200 Braddell Road, Singapore 579700
Fee (incl of GST): S$500.00*
Tea breaks will be provided.
*You may be eligible for funding from Employment and Employability Institute (e2i).
The nett fee after grant deduction is S$368.75.
Eligibility for funding: (i) Singaporean (ii) Meet attendance requirement and pass the
Payment of S$500.00 shall be made in full.
Funding grant amount shall be refunded to successful applicants after successful
completion of the course. If you would like to be considered for e2i grant, please fill in the grant application form accessible from the Online Storefront.
Funding is subject to terms and conditions of e2i and BCA Academy.
IES-ACES: 6 STU (Structural) per run
To register, please log into our Online StoreFront (OSF) at https://eservices.bcaa.edu.sg/registration/#/login and search for course code 79081
Download brochure here
Graduates of BCA Academy’s Diploma, Specialist Diploma, Degree and Masters programmes may enjoy discounted course fee on some courses by applying for BCA Academy Alumni lifetime membership. To apply, visit www.bcaa.edu.sg or email to email@example.com for more details.
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg