Event code: 78055
Regulatory requirements and implementation timeline of the prescribed Green Mark Standard for Existing Buildings and periodic energy audit of building cooling system took effect in Jan 2014.This course will provide participants with salient information and knowledge on the Building Control Act 2012, Building Control (Environmental Sustainability Measures for Existing Buildings) Regulations 2016, Code on Periodic Energy Audit of Building Cooling System and the Green Mark e-filing system.
• Overview of Green Mark Criteria for Existing Building
• Regulatory framework for environmental sustainability measures for existing buildings
• Code on Environmental Sustainability Measures for Existing Building
• Code on Periodic Energy Audit of Building Cooling System
• Submission procedures and Green Mark e-filing System
ER YONG SIEW HWA, Principal Manager, Green Mark Department (Existing Buildings), Building and Construction Authority
Siew Hwa’s current works involved promoting and introducing measures to improve the environmental sustainability standards of existing buildings. Prior to his current appointment, he was a senior lecturing staff at BCA Academy, the training and research arm of BCA, where he introduced a number of executive, academic and professional certification programmes to build industry’s capability in sustainable building design. Siew Hwa has also acquired considerable experience in designing building services systems and managing infrastructural development projects. He has a Bachelor of Engineering and a Master of Science in Industrial and System Engineering from NUS. He also holds a Master in Business Administration from University of Western Australia.
MR THOMAS PANG, Senior Manager, Green Mark Department (Existing Buildings), Building and Construction Authority
Thomas has been with the BCA’s Green Mark Department since 2007. He was instrumental in the development of the Green Mark assessment scheme for existing non-residential buildings, a software tool for energy efficiency design, as well as the green building evaluation system for the Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-city. Thomas also performs green mark assessment. As of now, he has assessed over 100 green mark existing and new developments in Singapore & overseas, these include residential buildings, office buildings, institutional building, retail malls and industrial buildings. Currently he is involved in the development of the new legislation for existing buildings which will be implemented in Jan 2014.
MR KONG JIA HNG, Senior Manager, Green Mark Department (Existing Buildings), Building and Construction Authority
Jia Hng joined the Green Mark Department in 2010. Apart from assessing and evaluating buildings for their energy efficiency and environmental performance under the BCA Green Mark Scheme, he is also actively involved in other green building developmental works relating to environmental sustainability. Jia Hng has led the development of various Green Mark schemes such as the Green Mark for Existing Schools and Green Mark for Retail. More recently, he is involved in the developmental and operational works on the Legislation for Existing Buildings which will come into effect in 2014. He holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) from NUS and is currently pursuing a Masters in Science (Building Performance and Sustainability).
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
Developers, building owners, MCSTs, managing agents, facility managers, consultants, ESCOs, energy auditors who are interested and/or responsible for complying with the Building Control (Environmental Sustainability Measures for Existing Buildings) Regulations 2016.
7th Run: 5 Sep 2019 (am)
Duration: 0.5 day
Time: 9.00am to 1.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$260.00
Refreshment will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
To register, please log into our Online StoreFront (OSF) at
and search for course code 78055
Download Brochure Here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.