Event code: 78084
This course is one of the core modules under the Certification Course for Green Mark Facilities Professional and elective modules under Certification Course for Green Mark Professional.
The course will equip the participants with the knowledge of causes and mitigations of Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) issues, conduct of an IAQ investigation and procedures to execute appropriate remediation measures. This course will cover IAQ management for non-residential buildings where air conditioning is commonly used. It will emphasis on the air quality control in air conditioning & mechanical ventilation system for tropical climate. The participants will also be introduced to the SS 554 standards in indoor air quality for air conditioned buildings.
• An overview of Indoor Air Quality & Green Mark requirement for IAQ
- Impacts of IAQ on Productivity & Health
- Green Mark requirements for good IAQ in New and Existing Buildings
• Standards/Guidelines of IAQ
• IAQ Parameters and Measurements for buildings
• Measurement and Verification requirements for IAQ
• Air-Conditioning & Mechanical Ventilation (ACMV) for Good IAQ
- Inspection of ACMV System
- Operation and Maintenance
- Ventilation and Filtration Systems in ACMV
- Energy Efficient Methods of Control
• Consideration in design, construction, renovation and commissioning works
- Identification of Problems related to IAQ (Sick Building Syndrome)
• IAQ Audit for Buildings
• Measurement and Instrumentation (Practice session)
MR LEE JANG YOUNG is an Senior Manager from the Green Mark Department (Existing Buildings) of BCA. He develops and implements the BCA Green Mark schemes in support of Singapore’s target to green 80% of buildings by 2030. He is a member of IAQ working group in WSHC and is also involved in the development of the new SS554. He holds an MSc degree in Buildings Science and is currently pursuing his PhD study at National University of Singapore.
ASSOC PROF THAM KWOK WAI is immediate past Head of the Department of Building, NUS. He is an elected member of the International Academy for Indoor Air Sciences (IAIAS), and has served as President of the International Society for Indoor Air Quality and Climate (ISIAQ). He has been involved in the development of guidelines and standards for indoor air quality in the Tropics, and various Technical Committees of SPRING Singapore (Standards, Productivity and Innovation Board), and the Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC). He is actively involved in the development of local IAQ, ventilation and energy standards in Singapore.
DR ANG KENG BEEN is the President of Indoor Air Quality Society of Singapore. He is also one of the Adjunct Lecturer for the MSc in Safety, Health and Environmental Technology programme offered by National University of Singapore. Dr Ang is also a member of professional bodies such as the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineer (ASHRAE), Singapore Chapter, and Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES).
• Engineers and building professionals intending to seek accreditation as Certified Green Mark Professional (GMP) or Green Mark Facilities Professional (GMFP) under BCA Green Mark Specialist Certification Scheme. (For more information regarding the GMP & GMFP certification scheme, please log on to www.bca.gov.sg/GreenMark/gm_manager.html)
• Professionals who are involved in commissioning and operate buildings, as well as conducting IAQ investigation and remediation.
ASSESSMENT AND AWARD
This course is assessment-based.
A Certificate of Successful Completion (CSC) will be issued to participants who:
i. Achieve at least 75% class attendance; and
ii. Pass all the assessment(s)
8th Run: 6 & 7 Mar 2019
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$930
Refreshments will be provided.
Download Brochure & Application form
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com • www.bcaa.edu.sg