Event code: 78084
This course is one of the core modules under the Certification Course for Green Mark Facilities Professional and elective modules under Certification Course for Green Mark Professional.
The course will equip the participants with the knowledge of causes and mitigations of Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) issues, conduct of an IAQ investigation and procedures to execute appropriate remediation measures. This course will cover IAQ management for non-residential buildings where air conditioning is commonly used. It will emphasis on the air quality control in air conditioning & mechanical ventilation system for tropical climate. The participants will also be introduced to the SS 554 standards in indoor air quality for air conditioned buildings.
• An overview of Indoor Air Quality & Green Mark requirement for IAQ
- Impacts of IAQ on Productivity & Health
- Green Mark requirements for good IAQ in New and Existing Buildings
• Standards/Guidelines of IAQ
• IAQ Parameters and Measurements for buildings
• Measurement and Verification requirements for IAQ
• Air-Conditioning & Mechanical Ventilation (ACMV) for Good IAQ
- Inspection of ACMV System
- Operation and Maintenance
- Ventilation and Filtration Systems in ACMV
- Energy Efficient Methods of Control
• Consideration in design, construction, renovation and commissioning works
- Identification of Problems related to IAQ (Sick Building Syndrome)
• IAQ Audit for Buildings
• Measurement and Instrumentation (Practice session)
MR LEE JANG YOUNG is an Senior Manager from the Green Mark Department (Existing Buildings) of BCA. He develops and implements the BCA Green Mark schemes in support of Singapore’s target to green 80% of buildings by 2030. He is a member of IAQ working group in WSHC and is also involved in the development of the new SS554. He holds an MSc degree in Buildings Science and is currently pursuing his PhD study at National University of Singapore.
ASSOC PROF THAM KWOK WAI is immediate past Head of the Department of Building, NUS. He is an elected member of the International Academy for Indoor Air Sciences (IAIAS), and has served as President of the International Society for Indoor Air Quality and Climate (ISIAQ). He has been involved in the development of guidelines and standards for indoor air quality in the Tropics, and various Technical Committees of SPRING Singapore (Standards, Productivity and Innovation Board), and the Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC). He is actively involved in the development of local IAQ, ventilation and energy standards in Singapore.
DR ANG KENG BEEN is the President of Indoor Air Quality Society of Singapore. He is also one of the Adjunct Lecturer for the MSc in Safety, Health and Environmental Technology programme offered by National University of Singapore. Dr Ang is also a member of professional bodies such as the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineer (ASHRAE), Singapore Chapter, and Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES).
• Engineers and building professionals intending to seek accreditation as Certified Green Mark Professional (GMP) or Green Mark Facilities Professional (GMFP) under BCA Green Mark Specialist Certification Scheme. (For more information regarding the GMP & GMFP certification scheme, please log on to www.bca.gov.sg/GreenMark/gm_manager.html)
• Professionals who are involved in commissioning and operate buildings, as well as conducting IAQ investigation and remediation.
ASSESSMENT AND AWARD
This course is assessment-based.
A Certificate of Successful Completion (CSC) will be issued to participants who:
i. Achieve at least 75% class attendance; and
ii. Pass all the assessment(s)
9th Run: To be advised
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$930
Refreshments will be provided.
Click HERE to download the brochure
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.