Event code: 81024
Timber doors, wardrobes and kitchen cabinets are important components to residential homeowners. However, these components are often seen as problematic areas with defect complaints. The “Good Industry Practices - Timber Doors” and “Good Industry Practices - Wardrobes & Kitchen Cabinets” were developed to share with the industry good work practices adopted by practitioners and contractors who have consistently delivered high quality work.
This course complements the guidebook by providing practical tips on how good quality timber doors, wardrobes and kitchen cabinets can be achieved on site.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to have:
• A good understand on the design issues relating to timber doors, wardrobe and kitchen cabinets;
• A summary of practical tips and suggestions on achieving good timber door / wardrobe / kitchen cabinets works, including preparatory works, installation and protection of completed works; and
• A good understanding of common defects and how to prevent them.
• Design considerations & material selection
• Fabrication process
• Delivery, handling and storage of frames, panels and ironmongerles
• Preparatory works before installation
• Installation process and inspection
• Protection of components
• Common defects, preventive & corrective measures
MR CHAN PHENG CHUA, General Manager, Design Studio Manufacturer Ltd
Mr Chan has been working in the construction and renovation industry for more than 17 years, leading project team in completing carpentry work in various major residential projects like Keppel Bay, The Marq and the Good Wood Residences. He has also supervised commercial interior fitout works for Changi Airport Sat Police HQ and MRT station.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
17th Run: 30 July 2019
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST): S$ 410
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices,
course notes will be available in e-format.
Visit BCA Academy Online StoreFront (OSF) - CLICK HERE
Download brochure here
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from
8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com •
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.