Event code: 78096
The Building Information Modelling (BIM) is certainly changing the way project teams work and is taking the construction industry into a new era of quicker and more productive processes, higher cost certainty with a reduction of risks. With a mandatory phased BIM submission by 2015, the need for quantity surveyors to embrace and evolve with BIM is inevitable and crucial to improve cost performance with certainty on increasingly complex projects worldwide.
Through international project case studies and hands-on exercises, participants will be able to understand the model-based quantity take-off process in 3D modelling and how it comprises trade-based standards of measurement rules in BIM to:
• Improve productivity through model-based quantity take-off compared to traditional methods
• Process in fast and accurate quantity measurements from tender stage to final accounts
• Accelerate cost estimation and decision making on resources planning
• Introduction of VDC, 5DBIM Process and Open BIM Concept
• Hands-on exercise on BIM Take-off Process from Tender Acquisition to Final Accounts
• Applications of BIM Modelling Standards on Architectural, Structural and MEP trades with SMM2
• 5D Measurement – From Elemental to Trade Based Quantity Take-off
• Demonstration and Hands-on Exercise on 5D BIM for residential and commercial project using TrimbleTM Vico OfficeTM
• Case study: International Applications of 5D BIM
• In-class Assignment
Mr Roy Keung BSc (Hons), MRICS
Solutions Manager (Quantity Surveying)
Global Virtual Design and Construction (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Mr Roy Keung is the Solutions Manager (Quantity Surveying) of Global Virtual
Design Construction Limited (GVDC). He is the BIM Team Leader in Quantity Surveying and helps to develop the hybrid 5DBIM quantity take-off system. He has over 12 years work experience in quantity surveying in Hong Kong, ranging from new build & refurbishment, school development, theme park development, residential building. Mr Keunghas extensive experiences on implementing Virtual Design and Construction approach together with 5DBIM for both model-based and trade-based quantity take-off and cost estimations. Mr Keung holds a Bachelor Degree in Construction Economics and Management from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Mr Keung is also a Professional Member of Hong Kong Institute of Building Information Modeling (HKIBIM), and a winner of the Hong Kong Construction Industry Council BIM Excellence Award 2014 - Construction Innovator by BIM.
MS AMELIA TAN BSc (Hons)
Global Virtual Design and Construction (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Ms Amelia Tan is the BIM Quantity Surveyor of Global Virtual Design and
Construction Limited (GVDC). She is part of the BIM team member in the QS
department and has 5 years of BIM and QS experience in Malaysia, Singapore
and Hong Kong projects, ranging from residential to commercial and hospital buildings. Ms Tan holds a Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying from Northumbria University, UK.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
• Contract Managers
• Quantity Surveyors
• Cost Estimators
9th Run: 14 & 15 Mar 2019
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (Incl of GST): $800
S$276.64*(with WTU funding supportfor eligible local participants*)
Refreshments will be provided.
In keeping with our green and sustainable practices, course notes will be available in e-format.
To register, please log into our Online StoreFront (OSF) at
and search for course code 78096 Download brochure
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The company and individual applicant has read and understood the terms and conditions. 2) The company and individual applicant warrant that the particulars given are accurate. 3) The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) can disclose to other government agencies any information relating to this application. 4) Payment for the course must be made to BCA before the course commencement date. 5) Any Direct Debit and Direct Credit Authorisation for GIRO applications previously signed and passed to BCA will apply to payments made under this course. 6) BCA reserves the right to accept or reject the application for whatever reason. 7) BCA shall at its discretion allocate a space to the registered applicant, based on availability. 8) BCA reserves the right to amend any details relating to the course, revise the course fees without prior notice, cancel or postpone the course. 9) No deferment is allowed. 10) Request for withdrawal must be made in writing. Requests are subject to approval by BCA and administration fee: Written request for withdrawal that reaches BCA - At least 2 weeks before the course commencement date: 10% of course fee is payable. - Less than 2 weeks but more than 3 working days before the course commencement date: 25% of course fee is payable. - 3 working days or less before the course commencement date: full course fee is payable. 11) No Replacement is allowed for funded participants. 12) The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points indicated for any course offered by BCA is subject to change and final approval by the relevant professional accreditation bodies. 13) Funding and subsidies offered by BCA or third party organisations for the courses are subject to approval. The company must make the application for funding and subsidies. BCA is not to be held liable and the company agrees to pay BCA the applicable funding amount if funding and subsidies are either granted at a reduced amount, not granted at all or if funding is revoked, for whatever reason. 14) All information, materials, services, intellectual property and other property and rights provided by BCA during the course are provided on an “as is” basis. BCA makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to any matter, and all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. 15) The materials supplied to the company and individual applicant for the course (“Materials”) are for their personal reference only and the company and individual applicant is not supposed to otherwise use the Materials. The company and individual applicant shall defend and indemnify BCA and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon BCA in connection with any claim arising out of the company and individual applicant’s use of the Materials. 15) Re-assessment fee is applicable for those who are required to re-take the assessment. 16) I consent to BCA, BCA Academy, and BCA’s employees contacting me via my contacts (including email addresses and mobile numbers) to market future courses, seminars, conduct surveys, circulate publications (i.e. magazines, periodicals etc). If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your personal data as set out above, you may contact us. PLEASE NOTE: All correspondence and notices addressed to BCA are to be sent to BCA Academy. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the event for our publicity materials, newsletters and other publications.