Event code: 78085
This course addresses a wide range of topics in electrical systems found in buildings and ways to operate them in an efficient manner to reduce energy consumption. The participants will learn about efficient power distribution arrangements, addressing the power quality issues, building load management techniques, uninteruptible power system and renewable energy generation system.
• Understanding of Building Electrical System
• Energy Efficient of power distribution arrangements
- Optimizing Substation Locations
- Optimizing LV Distributing Arrangements
• Real power, power factors and correction
• Power quality issues
- Power Factor Correction and Harmonic Filtering
• Building load management
- Demand Control Techniques
- Economic justification for Load Management Systems
• Motor power for fans and pumps
- Selection of Efficient Motors
- Optimizing Performance of Motors for Fan and Pumps
- Application of Frequency Drives
• Lifts System
- Optimising Lift Usage
- Lift Control Systems
• Uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
• Metering and monitoring
• Renewable electricity generation
ER. CHAN HENG LIM received a B.Eng (Hons) degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from the University of Aberdeen, UK. He also holds a postgraduate certificate in Teaching in Higher Education. Er. Chan has acquired considerable experience in Power Plant Operation, Factory Automation, Electrical System Design, Planning and Implementing the different nature of projects in this region. He was the Vice President with an established consultancy company responsible for the design and management of electrical building services for infrastructural development, healthcare facilities, institutional building, commercial and residential buildings. Subsequently, he held a post of Deputy Director with a Government agency responsible for the standardization of guidelines and establishment of good practices for healthcare infrastructure.
Er. Chan is a registered Professional Engineer (Electrical) in Singapore, Chartered Engineer (UK), International Professional Engineer (UK), Chartered Professional Engineer (Australia), APEC Engineer, ASEAN Chartered Professional Engineer (ACPE) and European Engineer (EurIng). He is a Licensed Electrical Engineer registered with EMA and a certified Green Mark Professional (GMP), Singapore.
• Engineers and building professionals intending to seek accreditation as Certified Green Mark Professional (GMP) or Green Mark Facilities Professional (GMFP) under BCA Green Mark Specialist Certification Scheme. (For more information regarding the GMP & GMFP certification scheme, please log on to www.bca.gov.sg/GreenMark/gm_manager.html)
• Engineers, Project Managers, Energy Managers, Facility Managers, Building Owners, ESCOs and other stakeholders involved in Green Mark projects.
Certificate of Attendance (COA) will be awarded to participants who meet the attendance requirement.
7th Run: To be confirmed
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fee (incl of GST): S$825
Refreshments will be provided.
Download Brochure & Application form
If you need assistance, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
200 Braddell Rd S579700 • Fax: 6258 0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.bcaa.edu.sg